What is TRU Palliative Care?
- Specialty trained palliative care providers who support you and your primary physician to optimize your quality of life
- A collaborative approach to managing your physical, emotional, social, and spiritual needs
- A shared effort to maximize your health and minimize your symptoms
- Services provided concurrently with or independent of curative, life-prolonging care
When to Consider TRU Palliative Care?
- Are you experiencing symptoms that interfere with your ability to enjoy life?
- Do you need to make decisions about the next steps in the treatment of your illness?
- Would you like help setting goals of care and sharing these with your doctors and loved ones?
- Could you and your family benefit from an extra layer of support to address your needs?
How Does TRU Palliative Care Work?
- You and your current medical provider request a TRU Palliative Care consult
- A TRU Palliative Care team member meets with you and your loved ones to discuss your unique situation
- The TRU Palliative Care team reviews your situation and works with you, in conjunction with your primary health care team, to best meet your needs
What Specifically Can TRU Palliative Care Help With?
- Assist your primary physician with symptom management
- Help you and your family establish and define your goals of care
- Coordinate and navigate any home services that would enhance your life
- Help you with advance directives planning
- Help you to match your medical treatment plans with your individual goals
Why Choose TRU?
- TRU’s board-certified physicians and nurse practitioners are uniquely qualified to address the needs and increase the comfort of people living with advanced illness and have been doing this work for over 40 years.
- TRU Palliative Care is one of multiple TRU Community Care programs that support an individual throughout the continuum of his or her health care needs.
- We help you receive the care you want, in the location where you want it, at the time you need it.
- We are communicative and collaborative coordinators of care. We remain in close contact with your primary health care providers.
- TRU utilizes technology for real-time virtual visits when deemed appropriate.
- TRU relies on community partnerships to bring additional support services to you as needed.
Want to Know More?
The TRU Community Care team is available to answer any questions that you or your loved ones may have.
Please call us at (303) 449-7740 to learn more.