TRU Community-Based Palliative Care
We offer palliative care consults in Boulder County to assist you, along with your patients and their families, in addressing goals of care in advanced illness and end-of-life situations. Whether we are advising on symptom management or complex palliative care issues and treatment, we have the expertise you can count on. TRU’s medical team takes your patient’s palliative care as seriously as you do. You can be comfortable knowing that your patients are getting the level of expertise you can trust. (Download our TRU Community-Based Palliative Care flyer.)
TRU Community-Based Palliative Care can benefit people who:
- Were recently diagnosed with an illness that is in an advanced stage
- Have been living with an advanced disease that has now progressed
- Are experiencing symptoms that interfere with their ability to enjoy life0
- Need to make decisions about the next steps in the treatment of an advanced illness
- Would like help setting goals for care and sharing these with their doctors and loved ones
How does Palliative Care work?
- Our Boulder based physician/nurse practitioner meets with the patient and his or her family to discuss pain, symptoms, concerns, and goals for care with follow-up visits as indicated in consultation with the primary physician
- The physician/nurse practitioner makes recommendations to the primary physician for managing symptoms and coordinating care
- A social worker provides support for community resources needs and goals of care discussions
- A TRU nurse provides guidance and care coordination
- The patient’s primary physician continues to treat his or her patient’s disease and responds to concerns that arise after regular business hours & in emergencies.
We offer our palliative care consults and visits wherever it’s most convenient for your patients in the Boulder County area. Please call us at (303) 604-5272 to learn more our palliative care program.