We are dedicated to managing our resources well to ensure that everyone who needs our help receives it. To review a copy of TRU Community Care’s audited financial statement, please contact us at (303) 449-7740.
TRU’s expert Care teams (including a physician, nurse, nursing assistant, social worker, chaplain, and highly trained volunteers) collaborate to provide the very highest level of medical, emotional and spiritual support for those with serious or advanced illnesses. Our trusted, responsive, unparalleled care allows our patients to live in dignity, free of pain, surrounded by the people they love, in the familiar comfort of their homes.
The TRU Story
- As the area’s only nonprofit hospice provider, we are focused on our patients and families, not just the bottom line.
- We will not compromise the quality of our care and we will not turn away anyone who seeks our help.
- We care for everyone who needs us. This means we must raise $1 million every year to close the gap between insurance reimbursements and the actual cost of our care, as well as to provide care to those with no insurance or means to pay at all.
- We provide free grief and loss support to any family in the community, even if their loved one was not a TRU Community Care patient. Last year 413 adults participated in TRU Hospice’s support groups and 71 children and teens participated in Healing Circles groups, while 2,535 TRU Hospice families received up to 13 months of individual or grief counseling.
- We offer free educational presentations throughout our community on all matters related to the end of life. In 2014, 4,148 of children, teens, and adults participated in educational community presentations at schools, faith communities, businesses, nursing facilities, and hospitals.
- Last year 383 volunteers dedicated 27,371 hours to care for patients and their families, walk alongside those who are grieving, assist with administrative tasks, and staff the TRU Hospice Thrift Shop. Families tell us time and again that they couldn’t have done it without our expert, compassionate care.
For more information about giving to TRU, please contact the Development Department, firstname.lastname@example.org or (303) 926-4743.