TRU Community Care offers palliative care providers who support patients, their families, and their care teams in order to optimize quality of life. We take a collaborative approach to managing the unique physical, emotional, social, and spiritual needs of people with dementia and their caregivers. The TRU Palliatiave Care Dementia Program focuses on providing support and education to families, caregivers, and care teams at home and in community living environments and connecting patients and caregivers to additional community partners who are experts in dementia care.
How Does Palliative Care Help?
- Provider (MD/NP) visits and ongoing coordination with the patient’s primary physician for symptom management
- Ongoing support from a social worker that includes disease education, advance care planning, long-term care planning, emotional support, and resource information
- TRU Tele-Care support from a Registered Nurse including caregiving training and skill-building around how to respond to behavioral symptoms of dementia
- Volunteer support in areas like comfort touch, companionship, and pet therapy
Why choose TRU?
- TRU’s board-certified physicians and nurse practitioners are uniquely qualified to address the needs and increase the comfort of people living with illness and have been doing this work for more than 40 years in our community
- TRU Palliative Care is one of multiple TRU Community Care programs that support you throughout a continuum of health care needs.
- TRU provides assistance wherever you call home.