Thank you for your interest in becoming an intern at TRU Community Care! Our internships include candidates studying to be chaplains, social workers, and grief counselors. Since each college is unique in their internship requirements, we work closely with you to ensure that all requirements set by your program of study are completed.
One internship per discipline is offered annually and scheduled based on requirements. Applications are accepted January through March for the prospective school year, internship is filled and closed upon acceptance of suitable candidate. Interns will work an average 16-20 hours per week, but flexible based upon program. Internships are unpaid but we will work with you to help you gain course credit. Additionally, TRU Community Care does not provide mileage reimbursement.
Please take a few moments to review the following requirements set forth by TRU Community Care. This list is a summary of our intern requirements and is subject to review and modifications at the discretion of Volunteer Services.
Accepted interns must:
- Must currently be enrolled in an advanced degree program or a collegiate setting to be a chaplain, social worker, or grief counselor that requires an internship component.
- Maintain strong academic standing with an accredited graduate program.
- Pass agency required background check.
- Comply with agency health screening and immunization requirements, including Covid vaccination and completion of tuberculosis testing.
- Possess a valid driver’s license, provide proof of insurance, have reliable transportation, and be willing to travel throughout TRU service area.
- Complete orientation with Volunteer Services and/or New Employee Onboarding, unless waived by Volunteer Services Manager.
- Report daily hours to your assigned supervisor.
- Facilitate all required paperwork from college to your assigned supervisor.
- Complete requirements pertaining to the position as defined by your assigned supervisor for your intern volunteer role.
- Use TRU equipment efficiently, effectively, and appropriately at all times.
- Be flexible, accept direction from staff, and be willing to assist staff with assigned projects.
- Maintain confidentiality with all protected health information.
If you are able to meet all of the above requirements, please follow the steps below to apply for an internship here at TRU.
- Complete and submit the Intern Application online.
- After completing the online application, email your complete resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once your application and resume have been received, we will contact you to discuss an internship position at TRU. At that time, an interview may be scheduled. During the interview, we’ll learn more about your skills and interests as well as determine if an internship at TRU will be a good fit.
- If accepted as a TRU Intern, you will be asked to complete our extensive orientation and training. The times for both may vary and will be arranged upon acceptance.
For more information about interning at TRU, please contact our Volunteer Services department at (303) 604-5226.