Staff Email Dated September 22, 2021
Dear Colleagues, This message is to follow up on previous communications regarding the Colorado state emergency rule dated August 30, 2021, that directs health care organizations to require all personnel to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. A few urgent reminders and timelines – please review and take action based on your vaccination status:
- If you have not already done so, please submit proof of your vaccination to email@example.com by this Friday, September 24, 2021.
- It is important to note that partial vaccination is required by September 30, 2021, and full vaccination is required by October 31, 2021. For Pfizer and Moderna, that means you need to have had your first shot by September 30, 2021, and your second shot by October 31, 2021. For Johnson & Johnson, that means you need to have had your first and only shot by September 30, 2021.
- If you are seeking a medical exemption, the attached Medical Exemption Request Form (linked here) must be completed by you and signed by a physician, physician assistant, advanced practice nurse, or certified nurse midwife licensed in the State of Colorado. The form must then be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 28, 2021.
- If you are seeking a religious exemption, the attached Religious Exemption Request Form (linked here) must be completed, signed, and submitted to email@example.com by September 28, 2021.
Please Note: submission of exemption requests does not guarantee approval. TRU’s newly adopted COVID Vaccine Policy drafted in response to Colorado’s emergency rule is attached and linked here explains in further detail more about the determination of accommodation, PPE and testing protocol, and more.
Please contact your director at your earliest convenience regarding any questions you might have. We will work to find answers for you as quickly as possible. This is an evolving process that is new to all of us, and we will share information as we obtain it.
Thank you for your patience and grace.
Colorado Emergency Rule – August 30, 2021
Boulder County Vaccine Information:
Click here to view vaccination eligibility guidelines and locations in Boulder County
- Kaiser Permanente Vaccine Information:
- Kaiser Permanente members:
- Fill out the COVID-19 Vaccine Sign-up E-visit at kp.org/covidvaccine
- Or complete a short questionnaire by calling 1-844-951-1932.
- Non-Kaiser Permanente members:
- Go to kp.org/covidvaccine
- Then, complete the non-member brief intake to request the vaccine.
- Kaiser Permanente members:
- CDPHE Vaccine Information:
- TRU Vaccine Information: As a health care organization, TRU must comply with the direction of the Colorado state emergency rule dated August 30, 2021. Please see below for FAQ’s:
- Who does this apply to? All employees, direct contractors, and support staff
- What is the timing? Partial vaccination required by September 30, 2021; Full vaccination required by October 31, 2021
- What proof is required? Proof of full vaccination should be submitted as an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with picture of vaccination card (immediately if you already have it, upon partial and full vaccination as obtained)
- Are their exemptions? We are conducting further research regarding medical and religious exemptions. If you fall into one of these categories, please notify your director. If you anticipate needing a medical exemption, please contact your physician to arrange for appropriate documentation.
- What if I have questions? Please contact your director at your earliest convenience regarding any questions you might have. We will work to find you answers as quickly as possible.
- How does this impact testing? Fully vaccinated employees who currently test due to clinical role should continue to test as directed by facilities. Partially vaccinated employees must test twice a week (or as required by Landmark) until two weeks after receiving second dose, effective immediately. Those with valid medical or religious exemptions must test twice a week (or as required by Landmark) until further notice, effective immediately. All other unvaccinated employees must test twice a week (or as required by Landmark) until first vaccination deadline of September 30, 2021
- Miscellaneous Vaccine Information:
- Vaccine Phishing Attempts — Scammers are conducting COVID-19-related scams via telemarketing calls, text messages, and more to get personal information from victims. Visit the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General website for more information.