What is Project Visibility?
An award-winning film that showcases the lives of area lesbian, gay and transgender elders, accompanied by a discussion of steps service providers can take to ensure culturally competent service to this often invisible population.
Why a training on LGBT elders?
Through a series of focus groups, LGBT elders in Boulder County expressed uncertainty about what to do should they need services. They were concerned about whether they could be “out” in local care facilities, and wondered if staff knew anything about an LGBT life experience. Project Visibility was born of those talks in 2004.
Participants will leave the training with:
- A new understanding of the history, strengths and needs of LGBT elders
- Tools for open, inclusive communication
- Practical, problem-solving experience
- An action plan of simple and necessary changes to indicate that a service or agency is safe and
- A comprehensive 50-page guidebook
This is a FREE training for service providers. Seating is limited. Register early!
To register: Please visit Eventbrite.
When: Thursday, March 30 from 2:00 – 5:00 pm
Where: TRU PACE located at 2593 Park Lane in Lafayette, CO
Cost: Free of charge, though advance registration is required
Presented by: Ash Bell, Project Visibility Trainer, Boulder County Area Agency on Aging