TRU Community Care provides a continuum of care for those with advanced illness including hospice, home health, and grief support for patients and families in the Boulder and Denver Metro areas. Volunteers are an essential part of the TRU Community Care team. Every year more than 300 volunteers assist in giving our patients and families the best emotional, spiritual, and practical support available; lend valuable administrative assistance to the organization; and play a key role at the TRU Hospice Thrift Shop.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
Patient and Family Support
- Patient and family companionship
- Massage therapy
- Comfort touch
- Notary services
- Pet therapy
- Veteran-to-Veteran support
- Craniosacral therapy
- and more!
- Adult Grief Group Facilitation
- Youth and Family Group Facilitation
- Bereavement Outreach
The Conversation Project in Boulder County
- Help with online listings
- and more!
Why Volunteer at TRU?
- Make a difference in the lives of patients and families
- Give back to the community
- Meet new and interesting people
- Receive continued education and training
- Join a nonprofit with more than 45 years of service
What TRU Will Ask of You
- Make a commitment of 2-4 hours a week for one year
- Attend volunteer orientation and training sessions required for your role
- Attend continuing education and support meetings to enhance your skills and knowledge of hospice
- Be reliable and prompt when performing assignments
- Successfully pass a background check*
- Comply with the policies and procedures of the organization
- Have the ability to maintain appropriate boundaries
*If working in the TRU Hospice Thrift Shop to complete community service hours, no background check is required.