Provider Definitions in MatrixCare
- Medical Director: TRU MD who is signing CTI
- Primary Physician: The practitioner who will be attending the patient while on Hospice (listed on EOB). This may be an NP or PA.
- Referring Physician: MD, NP, or PA who referred the patient to TRU
- Hospice Physician: TRU MD who gives a verbal order
- Secondary Physician: Any specialty physician, such as an Oncologist or Cardiologist, who wants to be notified of any patient updates.
- Primary Care Physician: Patient’s actual PCP. This person may also be in the Referring and Primary roles, but if not, she or he will be notified of the patient’s death.
- NP: TRU NP who gives verbal orders
Of note: RMSC practitioners do not want orders to be generated for them so will not be populated on the list of practitioners.