We are currently taking applications for the summer sessions of Healing with Horses. This powerful experience combines equine-assisted activities with grief support for kids and teens ages 5 to 18, and provides a nurturing environment for expressing feelings, learning about grief coping strategies and exploring the healing process with peers who are also grieving a death loss.
Through Healing with Horses, grieving kids and teens:
- Develop or improve equine skills
- Work together in a safe and supportive setting, gaining trust in themselves and each other
- Learn to control a horse, affording them opportunities to feel a genuine sense of accomplishment, greater confidence and inner strength
- Share stories and memories, have fun and release physical and emotional energy
- Become aware of the many aspects of the grieving process, and discover what will help and support them
When: Runs through the fall on Tuesdays, from 5-6:30 p.m.
Location: Medicine Horse, 8778 Arapahoe Road, Boulder CO, 80303
Register: Call Michon Davies 303-604-5330,
Pre-registration is required to participate.
For more details, see our grief services page.