- How do I order peaches? Peach pre-orders closed on Friday, August 13. We will have a handful of boxes available for purchase at the customer service table early on August 21 at Peach Pick-Up. You can still make a donation to this event at trucare.org/peaches or text TRUPEACHES to 41444.
- How many are in a full box? Full boxes are 20lbs and contain 30-40 peaches depending on their size.
- How many are in a half box? Half boxes are 10lbs and contain 15-20 peaches depending on their size.
- What portion of my donation is tax-deductible? $20.50 for a full box is tax-deductible; $10.25 for a half box is tax-deductible; and if you make a donation in addition to your peach purchase, the additional portion of your donation is tax-deductible in addition to the amount per box referenced above.
- Who do I call if I want to order over the phone? Call Debra Heyart at (303) 926-4743 to purchase peaches over the phone.
- Where do you get the peaches? White Orchard in Palisade, CO
- What kind of peaches are they? Freestone or cling-free peaches, ideal for canning
- How should I store them? Store in a cool, dry space, similar to where you store fresh fruit of any kind
- How ripe will they be? Ripeness depends on the growing season, but they will be picked as close to being ripe as possible
- How can I sponsor your peach sale? You can sponsor peaches here or by visiting trucare.org/peaches (click on Sponsor)
- What does sponsorship help with? Sponsorship helps cover the costs associated with the peach sale such as purchasing the peaches, advertising, renting a refrigerated truck, hiring a truck driver, and paying for the gas required to ship the peaches here from Palisade.
- Who is sponsoring the event? Thank you to the following sponsors for their support:
- When is pick-up? August 21st from 7:00 to 11:00 a.m.
- Where is the pick-up? TRU PACE parking lot: 2593 Park Lane, Lafayette, CO 80026
- What if I can’t come myself? You can have a friend or neighbor pick up for you. Be sure to list that person on our online order form and/or be prepared to give the name of the person who ordered at pick-up.
- What if I can’t make it on the pick-up day? Unfortunately, we are unable to store the peaches. They need to be picked up on August 21st by 11:00 a.m. Peaches not picked up by 11:00 a.m. on August 21st will be resold unless special arrangements have been made with Debra Heyart.
- Can I volunteer to help with pick-up? Yes, volunteers are always welcome. Sign up here or contact Debra Heyart at (303) 926-4743 for more information