Since 1999, TRU Community Care has operated a hospice inpatient unit – the only facility of its kind in the area. The hospice inpatient unit offers patients around-the-clock nursing care, state-of-the-art pain and symptom management, emotional and spiritual support, and personalized attention. The inpatient unit is located on the 4th Floor South at Longmont United Hospital.
We remain committed to making space available for hospice patients and their families and are excited to be working with Longmont United Hospital. To learn more, please call us at (303) 604-5272.
The new inpatient unit at Longmont United Hospital, 4th Floor South has:
- 7 private patient rooms with mountain views
- Fold-out chairs and cots available for overnight visits
- Ability for family to visit 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Spacious family room with TV, games, and comfortable seating
- Private kitchen available for family use at any time
- Private counseling space
- Valet parking from 6:30am-5:30pm
- Family and visitor parking in front of main entrance
- Access to the hospital’s chapel and cafeteria
The Care Center specialized in:
- Around-the-clock nursing care
- State-of-the-art pain management
- Emotional and spiritual support
- Personalized volunteer attention
- Pain/symptoms requiring active interventions
- Complex wound management
- Delirium with behavioral issues
- Intractable nausea and vomiting
- Sudden decline requiring intensive nursing interventions
- Short-term respite care
Click the map below to get directions to our Care Center located at 1950 Mountain View Avenue:
Directions from I-25: Turn left (west) on Highway 119 (Exit 240) and continue for approximately 7 miles to Main Street. Turn right (north) to Mountain View Avenue, then left (west) to Longmont United Hospital.
Directions from Boulder: Take CO-119 to Hover Street in Longmont, Turn left (north) to Mountain View Avenue. Turn right (east) onto Mountain View Avenue and the hospital will be on the left two blocks to the east of Hover Street.
Parking: Family and visitor parking is located in front of the main entrance to the hospital. Valet parking is available from 6:30am – 5:30pm.
To learn more, please call us at (303) 604-5272.