Donate to TRU Thrift Shop
Your tax deductible donations to our Boulder thrift shop are greatly appreciated and directly benefit children, teens, and adults in our community. Please bring donations through the donations door of the thrift shop and our staff will assist you. You can even donate furniture! Heavy items such as furniture donations can be delivered to the loading dock on the southwest side of the building. If you plan to donate furniture and drop it off yourself, please call ahead to TRU \Thrift Shop to make sure we’ll be able to use it.
Need to schedule a furniture donation pick up? Contact us at (303) 604-5353 to schedule pick up for large items.
TRU Thrift Shop Donations Guide
- Antiques and collectibles
- Artwork and art supplies
- Baby items
- CDs & DVDs
- Dishes, cookware, housewares, and small appliances
- Musical instruments
- Office supplies
- Pet supplies
- Sports equipment
- Toys and games (complete only)
We cannot accept the following items:
- Auto parts
- Bike helmets
- Blinds and shades
- Building materials
- Car seats
- Ceiling fans
- Chemicals or toxic materials
- Computers and peripherals
- Durable medical equipment (such as shower seats, wheelchairs, walkers, etc.) Note: Most loan closets will accept these items.
- Large appliances
- Large entertainment centers
- Large office desks
- Light fixtures
- Mattresses and box springs
- Nordic Tracks
- Sectional couches
- Sinks, ovens, bathroom fixtures
- Skis older than 5 years
- Sofa beds
- TVs older than 5 years
- Waterbeds and accessories
Directions to TRU Thrift Shop
Location: 5565 Arapahoe Avenue, Boulder, CO 80303
Phone: (303) 604-5353
The TRU Hospice Thrift Store is on the northeast corner of Arapahoe and 56th. The shop is wheelchair accessible.
From the East:
On Arapahoe going west the TRU Hospice Thrift Shop is just past Cherryvale on the right side of the street. It’s between Cherryvale and 55th St.
From the West:
East on Arapahoe, you will pass 55th St and the TRU Hospice Thrift Shop is on the left just past the sign for Arapahoe Animal Hospital. The TRU Hospice Thrift Shop is between Cherryvale and 55th St.
TRU Thrift Shop Hours
Store hours are Tuesdays-Saturdays, 10:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
On Wednesdays from 9:30 -10:30 a.m. we offer shopping hours for high risk customers. This also coincides with our 20% off senior discount day.
In order to ensure the safety of our customers, volunteers and staff, we:
- Require face coverings.
- Limit the number of shoppers in the store to 29.
Donations are accepted on Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Please note the following changes to our donations procedures:
- All items must be cleaned and contained in bags or boxes.
- Furniture will be evaluated by staff and accepted only if in clean, gently used, salable condition.
- Please drive up to the area indicated and remain in your vehicle; staff will come to discuss your donation with you.
- Receipts will be available at a self-serve station.