The Clinical Manager is responsible for supervising afterhours teams that provide patient-centered, cost-effective clinical services to patients and families residing in their designated primary residence. Read more below about the schedule, benefits, job requirements, and how to apply or Send Your Resume Now.
SCHEDULE AND BENEFITS
Schedule is Monday – Friday, 8-hour evening shifts. Weekends as needed. In-person in Louisville, CO. Full-time benefits include Medical, Vision, and Dental plan options, 401k with matching, 3 weeks of annual Paid Time Off that starts accruing on Day 1 of employment at TRU, no-cost life insurance, paid holidays, referral bonuses, health savings account, mileage reimbursement, and more!
- Hires, trains, and evaluates the performance of Afterhours staff; collaborates with fellow Clinical Managers to evaluate the professional competencies of staff across the department
- Works with the Clinical Director(s) to implement strategies and program development subject to identified outcomes and within established timeframes
- Facilitates Team Meetings as assigned
- Assures fiscal management of hospice/home health services within established budgetary parameters
- Stays current with regulatory changes, keeping programs compliant with Medicare and Medicaid conditions of participation for the hospice/home health program
- Models understanding and implementation of the organization’s mission, vision, and values and fosters cooperative, strong working relationships with the management team and organization-wide.
- Participates in 24/7 on-call support of Clinical Services
- 2+ years as a Registered Nurse required
- 2+ years of supervisory experience in a healthcare environment is highly preferred
- Demonstrated competency in management and leadership
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Must successfully pass agency required background checks and drug screening
$90,423.38 – $125,387.08 per year