“This organization is extraordinary! The training they provide is the best I have ever experienced: professional and thoughtful. Everyone I have encountered (paid and volunteer) is passionate about the work, and humbled by their experiences. I highly recommend this compassionate and wonderful group, and I plan to volunteer with them for as long as they will have me.”
— A TRU Volunteer
Please follow the process below to become a volunteer at TRU Community Care.
Step One: Application
Step Two: Interview
We will contact you for a personal interview. During the interview, we’ll learn more about your skills and interests to find a position that is fulfilling for you and beneficial to the patients and families we serve.
Step Three: Orientation & Training
Orientation and training times vary. Administrative and thrift shop volunteers participate in a 1 to 2-hour orientation and receive on-the-job training.
Patient care and grief support volunteers complete a longer training course that consists of both online training modules and one day of in-person, role-specific training. The in-person training is 6 hours in length and is specialized training tailored to the specific areas of service the volunteer will support within TRU.
Upcoming Patient Care & Grief Support Volunteer Training
Note: Applications for an upcoming training must be received a minimum of three weeks prior to the class date and are considered on a first come, first serve basis. Any applications received within three weeks of the upcoming training date will automatically be considered for the next training class. All online training modules assigned must be completed prior to attending role-specific training. Please contact the TRU Volunteer Department with any questions at 303.604.5226. Thanks!
TRU Lafayette Patient Care Training 2018-2019
- Friday, December 7: 9:00am – 3:00pm
- Friday, February 22: 9:00am – 3:00pm
- Friday, April 19: 9:00am – 3:00pm
- Friday, June 14: 9:00am – 3:00pm
- Friday, August 16: 9:00am – 3:00pm
- Friday, October 18: 9:00am – 3:00pm
- Friday, December 13: 9:00am – 3:00pm
TRU Lafayette Grief Support Training 2019
- Monday, March 11: 9:00am – 3:30pm
- Monday, June 10: 9:00am – 3:30pm
- Monday, September 16: 9:00am – 3:30pm
- Monday, November 25: 9:00am – 3:30pm
TRU Hospice of Northern Colorado (HNC) Patient Care Training 2019
- Friday, March 8: 9:30am – 3:30pm
- Friday, July 12: 9:30am – 3:30 pm
- Friday, November 8: 9:30am – 3:30pm